Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Crock Pot Sugared Pecans!

So I posted this on my Facebook yesterday, but forgot to put it here.

I made sugared pecans yesterday. Hey, I'm a girl from GA, using pecans for stuff is kinda required. More than one person asked for the recipe, so I'm going to share it with all of you.


It’s easy peasy. For the most basic crock pot version that doesn’t get all spice rack intensive:
  • 1 lb pecans (or walnuts, cashews, any nut)
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (I totally melt it in a cup in the microwave & dump it into the crock pot.)
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar (let’s be real, 1/2 cup of powdered sugar is like…not enough. This is pretty much the ‘minimum’ amount to make this work)
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I use more, but I kinda love cinnamon.)
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (because I show up in a lot of recipes. All of you are welcome.)
Preheat your crock pot for about 15 minutes or so (on high).
Once you’re pre-heated throw in your pecans along with your butter. (Yeah, stirring the butter/pecans would probably be a good idea, since the sugar needs something to cling to.)
Add your powdered sugar, & mix the crap out of it so there is sugar on ALL the things. Cover your crock pot & let it cook on high for around 15-20 minutes.
Reduce your heat to low & keep the lid off your crock pot. Let your pecans get all crispy & junk. (Usually between 2-3 hours.) Stir this some along the way, otherwise you’re going to get some funky pecans stuck to the bottom of your crock pot. That would be a tragedy, so stir! (I usually do every 20-30 minutes or so.)
Take the nuts out & put them in a bowl. *nomnomnom*
Oh wait…I normally start nomming then, but technically you’re supposed to add in the other spices & make sure they coat evenly & let them cool before eating. I don’t wait for those bad boys to cool, I’m an adult, so I nom before I’m ‘supposed to’.

Here's what mine looked like once they were all done yesterday:




No comments:

Post a Comment