Tuesday, June 12, 2012

When An Ad On Craigslist Says 'Free Fabric'....

I'm the kind of girl that combs through the 'free' section of Craigslist on multiple occasions each day. Sometimes the good stuff is gone so fast that the ad seems to disappear before I can even email/call about getting more information about whatever is being advertised, so when I saw an ad for 'FREE FABRIC' a little bit ago, I emailed instantaneously.


The fact that I got an email back 5 minutes later with more info made me slightly giddy. I always, always  need fabric for different projects, & I am not the kind of girl to argue with free. Even if only 50% of the stuff they had was decent it was FREE, so I hopped in the car & made my way over to the address I was given.


When I got to the location I nearly choked to death. The ad failed to mention that there was damn near half a warehouse full of boxed and bagged up fabric. Remnants, rolls, scraps, trims....everything a person could ever even think about needing for crafting/art projects. I only had one problem-I had to take entire boxes, picking through things wasn't allowed. And I had to take at least 10 boxes. 10 very, very large boxes. Boxes I could fit myself inside.

I am now the proud owner of almost 1000lbs of fabric. I'm pretty sure it's more fabric than I could even think of using in the next few years, but I'm up for suggestions as to how to utilize all of this stuff in some way.

Lesson here? When an ad on Craigslist says 'FREE FABRIC', sometimes you end up with way, way, way than you bargained for...



No comments:

Post a Comment