Friday, September 21, 2012

The 127 sale door revamp-part 3!

Have you seen the door I fell in love with at the World's Longest Yard Sale back in August? If not, you can go check out part one and part two to get caught up.

Ok, now that you're caught up, let's continue on the door into a headboard saga. (These will be the last installment of said saga until my foot is done being broken, because as of right now the door is sitting in my garage calling out to me to hurry up & finish.)

After I'd scrubbed the heck out of it the first time around, I dragged it inside to dry some. If I didn't fear people thinking I'd finally lost all my marbles I'd have probably just left it outside, but I digress.

Here we go! After everything had dried out from the first round of scrubbing, it was time to go one more round. There were still a couple areas that hadn't become mold/funk free, so I had to remedy that!


Well, my plan was to remedy that, but nature had other ideas. It started pouring rain a couple minutes later, so I had to accept defeat for the day & pack my things back inside. 

So that's where I'm at. The door really, really, really wants me to finish up & let it live in my master bedroom as a headboard. (I'm sure of it!) Now if my foot would hurry up & stop being broken I could let it do so.



2 comments:

  1. I know that you intend to make that into a headboard, but I can't help thinking that it would work better as a stylish desk.

    Mount it on two trestle legs from Ikea - http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/90167632/ - and put a 1/2 inch sheet of tempered glass with rounded edges sized to the door on top of it.

    (Other solutions here: http://www.tablelegsonline.com/shop/. And you may also consider just screwing together some 3/4 inch galvanized pipe lengths from Lowes into a trestle form.)

    Add an Aeron chair or similar clone and you'd have a light, airy, minimalist, stylish and cost effective home office solution, esp with that pickled wood finish, that ought not to be touched at any rate.

    Hope this helps. Hope your foot gets better soon.

    Just a thought.

    VicB3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I hadn't just (finally!) finished my office area, complete with desk & all that jazz, I would totally see it. Or a funky coffee table.

      These things are why my quest of old doors to turn into things other than doors shall be continued once I can get up and around again. =)

      Delete